Carrie Duncan Resume
Join a team in a creative and challenging environment, where I can collaborate, be inspired, contribute, and create original yet relevant, trending designs, for all aspects of product and marketing platforms.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Creative brief creation and project management.
- Design original art for all marketing channels while staying onbrand and relevant.
- Lead design and marketing teams to execute creative vision.
- Work with vendors for delivery of ﬁles for printing, UI design, PR campaigns, and seeing a project or campaign from start to ﬁnish.
- Art direction of professional photoshoots, including children and adults in education and professional development training environments.
- Create branding for new organizations or rebrand for established organizations.
- Creation and implementation of style and branding guidelines.
- Implentation of branding across multi-marketing channel platforms.
- Story telling through marketing campaigns.
- Consistent messaging across all channels.
- Email and social campaign creation and deployment.
- Creation of downloadable content to maximize lead generation and build on brand awareness.
- Web landing pages and blog management.
- SEO optimization, testing, and analyze results.
- Manage web development teams on tight deadlines.
- Create custom web designs for desktop and mobile friendly user experiences.
- UI/UX for marketing campaigns and online subscription services.
- Original page layout from concept to creation.
- WordPress and custom HTML/CSS.
- Storytelling through social media campaigns with clear call to actions or brand awareness.
- Creation and execution of social media graphics.
- Management of paid and organic social media campaigns.
- Experience in Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Motion and static graphic design.
- Design marketing collateral including borchures, one-sheets, ebooks, and catalogs.
- Conference Event booth banner design.
- Product packaging, and retail POS display design.
- Window display and window decal design.
- Storyboarding and sketch design
- Character creation.
- Ink illustrations and watercolor paintings.
- Book production and art preparation.
July 2017 to Present
Sr. Creative Services Manager
- Oversee the development of IM visual marketing and brand assets from concept to completion, establishing standards of brand excellence and ensuring design and content marketing meet those standards. I am responsible for communicating and promoting the value of the IM brand, its certiﬁcation, and other products or services in a way that is both visually appealing and consistent with the organization’s brand identity.
- Manage a team of graphic designers, web developers, and writers whose duties focus on developing the brand and creating print and digital marketing materials, websites, and other content marketing assets.
- I lead design strategy and production of all marketing materials. I carefully conduct competitor research, reference cutting-edge design techniques, and study K–12 mathematics standards to develop design concepts and prototypes. I also help to develop creative workﬂow procedures to guide multi-disciplinary teams through the production process.
- Create all IM branding style guide elements, including logos, color palettes, typography, and templates. I provide eﬀective marketing graphic design and participate in marketing campaigns and communications.
- Managing the company website and ensuring the layout and design are aligned with the IM brand and SEO standards are following best practices. I prepare the IM social media and blog plan and strategy and ensure aesthetics are consistent with the IM brand. As the Creative Services Manager, I take creative responsibility for the social media outreach with a concentration on building brand awareness and interest in IM products and services.
- Responsibilities can also include managing the budget for creative projects, hiring employees and contractors, and tracking progress.
Evan-Moor Educational Publishers
November 2005 – July 2017
Associate Art Director
- Project manage and art direction for all current marketing campaigns including catalogs for multiple sales channels, email, web design, print materials, and trade show booth graphics.
- Print and digital graphic design for all aspects of marketing campaigns
- UI/UX design for online subscription services, iOS apps, and interactive desktop apps.
- UI/UX front end design (including hand coded HTML and CSS) for all online marketing materials. This includes redesigns and updates to online catalog, microsites, landing pages, all social media and banner ad graphics, and blog support.
- Prepare marketing materials for print vendors.
- Support and nurture established corporate branding including logo design, style guide creation and implementation, and creating a cohesive brand throughout all marketing campaigns for print and web.
- Design educational marketing materials including creating hand drawn illustrations, stock photography research and original photography, photo collaging and manipulation, and heavy typography. Finished product is currently sold in public and private schools all over the US and internationally.
West Marine Products
June 2003 – November 2005
Visual Presentation Specialist/Project Manager
- Project manage visual displays and POS projects from start to ﬁnish, including: new display units for 350 retail locations, marketing signage and hardware, store décor graphics, and window graphic programs.
- Work with vendors, designers, and internal associates to gather project elements, organize all incoming pieces, and accomplish an end result under tight deadlines.
- Engineer and source visual display units, POP’s, and signage hardware.
- Design and develop installation instruction packets for display units and signage hardware, including written step by step instructions, develop corresponding imagery, and organize packets to all 350 store managers.
- Assist in editing informational text used for inline product signage and overall store décor graphics.
- Work within the West Marine Products corporate branding guidelines to create proper layout of text documentation and design elements.